The tech world keeps changing, and organizations are becoming more and more reliant on IT, including IoT and AI. Technology provides lots of benefits to companies and, at the same time, poses serious control and security-related risks. N R Doshi and Partners owns a specialization in information technology (IT) audit services. We check your IT infrastructure, software, mobile apps, database, IT policies, procedures, and operational procedures against the standards and evaluate if IT assets are adequately protected and aligned with the overall goals and objectives.
What is IT Audit and What our IT Audit Services Include
Simply stated, the IT audit is scrutinizing information technology assets, methodologies, operations, policies, and approaches.
IT audit is completely different from the normal financial audit, and it is much more than a mere compliance audit. Information technology in itself is risk-prone, and without IT, that risk would not exist. Our job as an IT auditor is to identify and assess the inherent risk existing in IT. The higher the inherent risk, the higher the controls one needs to implement to mitigate the risk.
As an IT Auditor, we evaluate the level of inherent risk and residual risk to recommend suitable controls to mitigate them.
Objectives of the IT Audit
An information technology audit requires an IT audit or to go through all the major as well as minor constituents of IT. We don’t miss any of the elements, as even a minor compromise in IT may cause a huge loss. The entire process has a certain aim which we seek to fulfill:
- To align information technology with organizational goals and objectives
- To ensure integrity, availability, and confidentiality of IT assets of the company
- To assess critical IT assets of the company and ensure that they are working as intended and providing value to the organization
- To do away with wasteful information technology resources, achieve cost reduction, and bring efficiency in the management of IT resources
- To comply with regulatory requirements
- To identify risks and weaknesses existing in the IT infrastructure and introduce suitable controls to mitigate them
- To ensure better enforcement and management of controls over IT assets
- To ensure the reliability and accuracy of the data generated by the IT assets of the company
- To check that IT assets are adequately protected and security systems are working as intended.
Scope of information technology audit
Depending upon the industry, nature, and size of the business and complexity of the IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, communication channels, networking, etc., the overall scope of the IT audit is determined.
An IT audit involves testing of physical and logical security controls. It includes a thorough review of disaster recovery procedures and a business continuity plan.
In the course of the audit, the auditor assesses various controls related to data integrity, network, database, applications, and IT infrastructure. The organization’s IT strategy, security policy, IT service processes, service management, and support related functions are reviewed in-depth.
IT Audit Process
- Questionnaires- The questionnaires are prepared not only for your resources but even for the auditor. It acts as an IT audit checklist for the auditor, making him conscious to check all attributes.
- Flowcharts- Flowcharts can be used in all aspects of IT. With the help of flowcharts, an IT auditor can learn about the information flow, controls, storage structure, etc. It will assist him in evaluating the network and data transfer inconsistencies.
- Analytical procedures- With the help of IT audit software, we detect patterns and unusual events. These detections were further cross-checked manually to check the risk associated with them.
Based on the evidence, our auditors evaluate all the defined objectives.
Maintain Optimum Data Security with Our IT Audit Services
We check all the data security standards are followed and reduce the risk of data breach
IT Audit Methodology
Why is IT audit important?
We Ensure IT Compliance by Thoroughly Inspecting Each Aspect
We go through each aspect of information technology to ensure compliance with the government laws and regulations.
Why N R Doshi and Partners?
N R Doshi and Partners is ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified. We have expert CISA certified IT auditors who have been in this field for a long. It has been more than three decades since we are keeping track of IT and continuously improving our own efficiency. Technology is the least constant element in the world. Therefore, we recommend our clients get their IT audit done to ensure control over data and other important IT assets.
- Our expert IT auditors are having a thorough knowledge of software, hardware, and networks.
- We have the proprietary methodology, software tools, and techniques that give us the power to detect shortcomings in the company’s IT infrastructure.
- We conduct an IT audit causing minimal disturbance to your regular tasks. Therefore, you will never need to stop your business for the sake of an IT audit.
What is a risk assessment checklist?
The risk assessment checklist contains a list of questions related to IT systems to detect the level of risks associated with the systems.
What is the role of the questionnaire in an IT audit?
The primary aim is to gather specific information from a targeted person.
What are the various types of IT audits?
We usually conduct the IT audit keeping the whole IT aspect into consideration. However, the clients may have the flexibility to choose any of the categories targeting specific elements of IT:
- ) System and Software
- ) Information Processing Facilities
- ) System Development
- ) The ecosystem and management of information technology
- ) The intranet, servers, and other aspects of the network
Choose us for IT audit and ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of your IT infrastructure.
Get a Quote Now!